Location and Schedule

Nourishing and nurturing our future through a shared teaching garden connecting people to food, heritage and community.

Located at 871 N. Cornell St. (1525 W.) Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116

Open Saturday mornings (Spring & Summer: 8 to 10; Fall 9-11) and Wednesday evenings (April-October 6 to dusk)

Saturday, June 27, 2015

June Sampling

I'm not a fan of fresh radishes, so when a friend told me about braised radishes, my curiosity was piqued. 2 cups radishes, washed, stemmed and sliced thin. Place in heated skillet on medium heat with 2 T. butter, 1 T. olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until moisture is gone, edges begin to golden. Served with chard and feta frittata (see post from June 2013).


 Pakistani curried beef, peas and potatoes. A great use for peas (shelled and in-the-pod) and new potatoes (dig after blossoms wither). If you don't have turmeric, hope you have a friend with an incredibly well-stocked kitchen.
New potato salad with dill or mint. This was okay.

So many strawberries! The slugs, snails and pill bugs couldn't keep up;) Rhubarb pie with homemade vanilla ice cream-yum! The strawberry rhubarb marmalade was my epic fail. I read "until temperature reaches 230 degrees, 15-20  minutes" and somehow thought that I should cook it for fifteen more minutes after it reached 230 degrees. I made a molasses candy sauce that my husband enjoyed with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment