Location and Schedule

Nourishing and nurturing our future through a shared teaching garden connecting people to food, heritage and community.

Located at 871 N. Cornell St. (1525 W.) Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116

Open Saturday mornings (Spring & Summer: 8 to 10; Fall 9-11) and Wednesday evenings (April-October 6 to dusk)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Weeds and the Bees


The pattypan squash from last week was such a hit with the family that I brought home two more. They have a richer flavor than zucchini and are fun to look at. Today I picked some weeds, took some pictures, and noticed the humming of bees at work. I took green beans as well, and tonight we enjoyed green beans, squash, and chard with our barbecue chicken and rice. Okay, my husband, brother, and I enjoyed, while my kids picked and complained. But they'll come along. My 6-year old asked with a smile, "Mom, when are we going to the community garden again?" It turns out he wanted to bring his uncle, who will be leaving before our next visit to the Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment