Location and Schedule

Nourishing and nurturing our future through a shared teaching garden connecting people to food, heritage and community.

Located at 871 N. Cornell St. (1525 W.) Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116

Open Saturday mornings (Spring & Summer: 8 to 10; Fall 9-11) and Wednesday evenings (April-October 6 to dusk)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guilty Pleasures


With my 4 kids in tow I had good intentions of putting in a full evening's work last Wednesday. Unfortunately, my son loves honey and is terrified of "bees" (mainly hornets and wasps). A hornet really liked the honey he'd wiped on his pants at snack time. My son completely fell apart. (But amazingly enough he picked raspberries for 2 hours on Saturday-see next post-without a worry). Needless to say, we only put in a few minutes' work. Which is why I felt guilty to have the pleasure of eating this juicy cantaloupe and these succulent grapes. The grapes came from a volunteer who had extra. I learned that cantaloupe is ripe when it falls easily from the vine. And by the way--the yeast wasn't much of a snail bait, but copper wiring has been an awesome snail/slug deterrent for my lettuce seedlings. I guess the copper shocks them (I'll have to research that one). Oh, and I don't feel guilty about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment