Location and Schedule

Nourishing and nurturing our future through a shared teaching garden connecting people to food, heritage and community.

Located at 871 N. Cornell St. (1525 W.) Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116

Open Saturday mornings (Spring & Summer: 8 to 10; Fall 9-11) and Wednesday evenings (April-October 6 to dusk)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Root of All Evil


Ralph declared war on the red root weed this summer. I told him good luck. In May I named crab grass as the enemy and set about digging out every offending blade. Then the clover spread like a plague and I now have lawn that looks like a map of the earth. I picked 273 red root last week and only about 34 on Saturday because we arrived late and had to leave early. Tired of picking weeds, I found the tomato harvest more rewarding. My daughter and her friend enjoyed windfall crab apples, but helped a bit too. Lettuce is coming up in my own garden (I set out yeast bait tonight to ward off snails). We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment